You can cost-effectively upgrade a number of components in the iMac G5 17″ Model A1144.
- Memory: If your iMac is still running with only the stock RAM, upgrading with 2 GB of RAM will provide a dramatic performance boost at minimal cost.
- Hard Drive: 160, 250, or 500 GB hard drives came standard with the iMac G5 17″ Model A1144. You can upgrade the drive up to 2 TB.
- Optical Drive: The optical drive can easily be upgraded to an 8x SuperDrive.
Identification and Background
You can verify that you have a iMac G5 17″ Model A1144 by checking the processor information through “About This Mac” in the Apple menu.
Use the iMac identification system to help you identify your machine. iMacs tend to look very similar, and it’s important to know which machine you have before ordering any replacement parts.
The iMac G5 was a series of desktop Macintosh computers designed and built by Apple Inc. using the PowerPC chip architecture. It was the last line of iMac computers that used a PowerPC chip, making it the last of the iMacs that could run Mac OS (Classic) applications.
Why You Should Choose Us?
- We use the highest quality Mac replacement parts:
We are one of the Mac repair service providers in DFW that provides top quality original Macbook/ Pro/ Air parts.
- We are fast and efficient:
We can repair your Mac in quick time.
- We provide best warranty:
We provide limited term warranty on our replacement parts.(Warranty varies from 3 months to life-time depending upon the part)
- Our Mac repair rates are competitive and best in town:
Our repair rates are competitive with other repair places around DFW.
- Future repair discounts and offers:
We provide discounts and special offers to our returning customers.